Friday 3 May 2013

The end is in sight for row B..

Finished three more blocks in row B, only more block to do and row B will be finished.


Glad Block B-6 is finally done, took quite long to do, so many tiny pieces!!..43 to be exact.

It is called "Wild Goose Chase", it is foundation pieced.

Was a little worried about the block not being straight but it turned out pretty straight, even though the picture is a little off. 

Can't rotate the picture when I edit them so I need to get them as straight as possible when I take the picture, not very easy..






Block B-11, "Melissa's Cross".
The block Brenda has drafted in her book looked very different from Jane's version so I decided to redraft it.
The center cross is traditionally pieced, the half moon shapes were appliqued to the corner triangles before they were added to the center cross.






Block B-12, "Star Flower".
This one is reverse appliqued.

The center and the four melons were
adjusted slightly to make some space in between 
them to allow for the seam allowances to 
be turned under.



Will try to finish the final block for row B on Sunday.
Tomorrow my friend Joke and I are visiting the 
Really looking forward to seeing all the quilts that are on display.

To name a few there will be quilts from the Dinner at Eight Artists, Colette BerendsWil Fritsma, Ineke van Unen and many more. 

Also there will be lots of shops to visit and I'll probably won't be able to resist...LOL. 
Maybe I can find some more red and blue fabrics to use in my DJ. 
I am going to take as many pictures as I can and put them into a video which I will be posting soon.

Have a great weekend!!
Essie


No comments:

Post a Comment